Multi-Class Fifth and Sixth Class Long Term Plan Bundle - 5th/ 6th Yearly Plans
A set of comprehensive, very high-quality yearly plans for Fifth and Sixth class. Long term plans included in this bundle are for: Maths, English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, and Geography. These plans follow the NIPT long-term planning guidelines so they are suitable for NQTs and experienced teachers alike.
The plans contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed (where relevant), give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme or to suit your individual class.
Yearly PlansLong Term PlansSchemePlanning: Yearly Plans
These sample long term plans will save you countless hours as the content is already pre-populated, so instead of typing everything from scratch, you can simple edit it to suit. Suggested content for each month is provided for teachers who are new to a class level or for those who would like some new ideas, but you can easily change this to suit your own circumstances if you desire.
More details about the plans are below:
- Two comprehensive, high quality, yearly English plans, one for Fifth class and a second for Sixth Class based on the 2019 Primary Language Curriculum (PLC).
- The plans contain all of the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework for the Primary Language Curriculum including aims, learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, linkage and integration.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The content sections of the Fifth and Sixth class plans are tailored for each class level, and gives suggested poems, novels, picture books, phonics, grammar, handwriting etc. that can be covered each month. This plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one.
- Two comprehensive, high quality, yearly Gaeilge plans, one for Fifth class and a second for Sixth Class based on 2019 the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC).
- The plans contain the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, resources, linkage and integration. These sections are the same in both the Fifth and Sixth class plans as only the lesson content is different for each class.
- The plan also contains suggested poems, songs, stories, grammar, verbs, phonics, and phrases for each month for teachers who are new to a class level and who would like some ideas, or teachers who are not following a publisher’s scheme. There are 2 different versions of the plan, with different suggested content for Fifth and Sixth classes. If you are following a particular scheme/ textbook and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan instead of the table with suggested content that is provided.
- A comprehensive, extremely high-quality 35 page sample yearly mathematics plan for a multi-class 5th & 6th. This plan contains aims, lists skills and concepts to be developed, strands and strand units, lists all content objectives from the 5th & 6th class maths curricula, gives details of approaches and methodologies, lists resources, outlines assessment and differentiation strategies, and gives possible areas of integration with other subjects. The plan also includes an extremely detailed month by month table suggesting when content could be covered, but of course this can easily and quickly be edited to suit your own class and preferences.
- This plan is based solely on the mathematics curriculum and not on a publisher’s scheme or textbook. If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from it in the plan, most publishers have a document with a monthly breakdown of their content as part of their online resources that you can simply include instead of the table that is provided.
- A comprehensive, very high-quality 24 page yearly Social, Personal and Health Education plan for Fifth and Sixth class. This plan contains aims, strands and strand units, lists all Fifth and Sixth class learning objectives from the SPHE curriculum, outlines skills and concepts to be developed, gives details of approaches and methodologies, lists resources, outlines assessment and differentiation strategies, and gives possible areas of integration with other subjects.. There is also a table with suggested themes/ topics to cover each month (including Stay Safe, Walk Tall, and the Department’s RSE programme), but of course this can easily and quickly be edited to suit your own class and preferences.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects with content suitable for 5th & 6th class. These are not based on any particular scheme or book but contain ideas/ suggestions for lessons that I have found worked well or the suggestions contained in the Primary School Curriculum itself. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, the content section can be easily changed, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
DeirdreJun 24, 2020, 07:23Extremely comprehensive and up to date long term plans for 5th and 6th classes, ideal for single or multi class setting. Also includes two options for Gaeilge for each class to Match either the Abair liom or Bun go Barr schemes. Includes Thematic planning for English with a wide range of texts recommended for each class. These plans have saved me a huge amount of research time. Thank you!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org