Primary Language Curriculum 5th / 6th Class Long Term Plan for English and Irish - Fifth / Sixth PLC Yearly Plans
Long Term PlansYearly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
These are comprehensive, very high quality yearly plans for 5th and 6th class based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) for 3rd - 6th class which was published September 2019.
These plans are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme or for use with multi-class levels.
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.
Your purchase includes the following:
- Two comprehensive, high quality 13 page yearly English plans, one for Fifth class and a second for Sixth Class based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) for 3rd - 6th Class published in September 2019.
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took me hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation and assessment. These sections are the same in both the 5th and 6th class plans.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The content sections of the 5th and 6th class plans are tailored for each class level, and gives suggested poems, novels, picture books, phonics, grammar, handwriting etc. that can be covered each month. This plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one.
- The plans are for a whole year, however I have a broken the content down into Terms 1, 2 and 3, so even if you are doing your long-term plans by term you can just keep the section you need.
- 5 comprehensive, high-quality plans for Gaeilge for Fifth and Sixth Class based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) for 3rd - 6th Class published in September 2019.
- There are 2 separate plans for Fifth Class, one with content from the Abair Liom G Programme and another with content from Bun go Barr 5.
- Likewise, there are 2 separate plans for Sixth Class, one with content from the Abair Liom H Programme and another with content from Bun go Barr 6.
- There is also a plan with the content section blank so you can fill it in with whatever content you wish if you do not follow a particular scheme or you do not use either of the above schemes.
- The layout of the plans is also based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and these plans took me hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contain the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, resources, linkage and integration. These sections are the same in both the 5th and 6th class plans as only the lesson content is different for each class.
Curricular Area(s)Primary Language Curriculum
PlanningLong Term Plans, Yearly Plans, Scheme
ElizabethAug 27, 2019, 11:52This is an incredible resource. I teach the multiclasses 3rd-6th. I was feeling a little overwhelmed with implementing the New Primary Language Curriculum this year. This planning document has made all the difference and is very comprehensive. A sample is also included which is a helpful guide to filling in the template. What a tremendous amount of work inputted!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org