Primary Language Curriculum PLC Fortnightly Plan Template and Sample for both English and Irish
Primary Language CurriculumGaeilgeEnglishCurricular Area(s): Primary Language Curriculum
This bundle includes a choice of 2 fortnightly (short term) planning templates for English and Irish based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) and are suitable for all classes from Infants - 6th class, as well as multi-class planning.
These templates have been updated to reflect the September 2019 changes to the PLC for Infants - 2nd class and the publication of the 3rd-6th class section of the curriculum.
I created these templates based on the suggestions from the PDST's planning templates for the new curriculum, however I did not find the PDST templates clear enough or easy to use so I spent a full week working on my own templates.
I have included 2 different templates in this bundle and you can select which one suits your needs better.
Template 1 does not include the progression milestones and steps and you can write your own learning objectives instead. This is to reflect the changes to the PLC that came in for the academic year 2019/2020 whereby the progression continua are no longer included in the curriculum, but are be available online as a support material instead. This template is very straightforward to use.
However, if you do wish to use the progression milestones and steps in your planning, Template 2 lets you do this and I have included a guide to how to use the progression continua for this.
- Plan layout is suitable for any class using the Primary Language Curriculum from Junior Infants - Sixth Class.
- Suitable for fortnightly or weekly planning for those undergoing probation.
- Fully editable Microsoft Word documents that you can change to suit your needs.
- Very suitable for multi-class planning due to section for outlining the progression milestones and steps for different groups in the class, or differentiated objectives for each group in the class.
- Included are blank versions of the planning templates that you can fill out for your own class. Also included are samples of the templates filled in with content for First Class so you will see how to use it. These sample plans are for illustrative purposes on how to fill out the plan only, and so I have not included sample plans for other class levels.
- Planning for the new curriculum can appear quite daunting at first and there is a lot of new terminology, so I have included a quick guide to using the planning templates.
For my long term plans, including planning for The Primary Language Curriculum, check out the links below:
Plans for Junior Infants here
Plans for Senior Infants here
Plans for First Class here
Plans for Second Class here
Plans for Third and Fourth Class here
Plans for Fifth and Sixth Class here
Curricular Area(s)Primary Language Curriculum, Gaeilge, English
ElizabethAug 27, 2019, 11:42This is an amazing resource. I teach the multi classes 3rd-6th. I was feeling a little overwhelmed with implementing the New Primary Language Curriculum. This planning document has saved me hours from the planning point of view. It is very clear and a sample is also included which is an excellent guide to filling in your own template.
Top Teaching ResourcesAug 8, 2019, 09:38Yes, this short term planning template will work with my long term plans for the New Primary Language Curriculum. Kind regards,
Top Teaching Resources
karduffyOct 11, 2018, 12:31A well structured and easy to use template. This will help so much with planning as I've been struggling to find a suitable planning template for the new language curriculum. Thank you!
mauraSep 24, 2018, 19:09These planning templates are amazing. Super detailed and very well put together! well worth the money. now to just get my head around this new language curriculum, these plans will definitely help!
SineadSep 17, 2018, 18:34I was completely lost when it came to planning for this new language curriculum and have looked at many planning templates but have found this to be the best one around will save a lot of time when it comes to planning.
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com