Primary Language Curriculum 3rd / 4th Class Long Term Plan for English and Irish - Third Fourth Class PLC Yearly Plans
These are comprehensive, very high quality sample yearly plans for 3rd and 4th class for the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) which was published in September 2019.
These plans are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme or for use with multi-class levels.
These sample long term plans will save you countless hours as the content is already pre-populated, so instead of typing everything from scratch, you can simple edit it to suit. Suggested content for each month is provided for teachers who are new to a class level or for those who would like some new ideas, but you can easily change this to suit your own circumstances if you desire.
Primary Language CurriculumEnglishGaeilgeCurricular Area(s): Primary Language Curriculum
Yearly PlansLong Term PlansSchemePlanning: Yearly Plans
Your purchase includes the following:
- Two comprehensive, high quality, yearly English plans, one for Third class and a second for Fourth Class based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC).
- The plans contain all of the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework for the Primary Language Curriculum including aims, learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, linkage and integration.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The content sections of the 3rd and 4th class plans are tailored for each class level, and gives suggested poems, novels, picture books, phonics, grammar, handwriting etc. that can be covered each month. This plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one.
- Two comprehensive, high quality, yearly Gaeilge plans, one for Third class and a second for Fourth Class based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC).
- The plans contain the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, resources, linkage and integration. These sections are the same in both the 3rd and 4th class plans as only the lesson content is different for each class.
- The plan also contains suggested poems, songs, stories, grammar, verbs, phonics, and phrases for each month for teachers who are new to a class level and who would like some ideas, or teachers who are not following a publisher’s scheme. There are 2 different versions of the plan, with different suggested content for third and fourth classes. If you are following a particular scheme/ textbook and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan instead of the table with suggested content that is provided.
Follow me on my social media pages keep up to date about other products, special offers and giveaways! I am on Facebook and Instagram. Thank you!
Curricular Area(s)Primary Language Curriculum, English, Gaeilge
PlanningYearly Plans, Long Term Plans, Scheme
ElizabethAug 27, 2019, 11:55I can't quite believe how fortunate I was to come across this document. I teach the multiclasses 3rd-6th. I was feeling a little overwhelmed with implementing the New Primary Language Curriculum this year. This planning document has made all the difference and is very comprehensive. A sample is also included which is a helpful guide to filling in the template. It is exceptional!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com