Multi-Class First and Second Class Long Term Plan Bundle - 1st & 2nd Yearly Plans
A set of comprehensive, very high-quality yearly plans for First and Second class. Long term plans included in this bundle are for: Maths, English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, and Geography. These plans follow the NIPT long-term planning template and guidelines so they are also suitable for use during the Dip.
The plans contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed where appropriate, give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants - 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. Included in this bundle are 2 updated versions of the Primary Language Curriculum Plans for English and Irish to take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version of the plans!
Don’t waste your evenings and weekends on stressful and tedious planning. These plans took hundreds of hours of work to prepare to save you the hassle!
Long Term PlansYearly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
Your purchase includes the following:
- 2 separate plans, one for 1st class, and a second for 2nd class, as they work on different learning objectives in maths. These plans are very detailed and contain many suggested learning activities in addition to the required sections (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment).
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included the table from the Operation Maths scheme, but this can easily be edited to whatever scheme you want to use, or can be deleted entirely, as it is not an essential part of the plan and the plan is not based on the Operation Maths scheme.
- Two comprehensive, high quality 13 page yearly English plans, one for First class and a second for Second Class based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC).
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took me hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The content for both classes is the same, apart from the grammar and phonics which are class specific. This plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one.
- 3 comprehensive, high-quality plans for Gaeilge based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC)
- The plans contains all of the required sections, mentioned above in the description of the English plans.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included 2 versions of the plan, one with the table from the Abair Liom C scheme, and a second with the table from the Abair Liom D scheme, but this can easily be edited to whatever scheme you want to use.
- There is also a third version of the plan with the content section blank so you can fill it in with whatever content you wish if you do not follow a particular scheme.
- These plans are based on Walk Tall, Stay Safe and RSE for 1st and 2nd class. There are 2 separate plans for SPHE, one for 1st, and another for 2nd, as there is a different version of Walk Tall and RSE for both classes.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects with content suitable for both 1st and 2nd class. These are not based on any particular scheme or book but contain ideas/ suggestions for lessons that I have found worked well. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, the content section can be easily changed, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
A huge amount of time and effort was put into these plans and I am confident you will be very happy with your purchase. Positive reviews are very much appreciated to let other users know that these are quality plans.
Aoife McNamaraJul 28, 2020, 13:46The most amazing plans I've ever seen. These are such a huge help, especially when starting with a new class level. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Tricia BegleyMay 13, 2020, 11:30These are excellent plans. They are so detailed and can easily be adapted to suit schemes I will be using. Thank you so much. You have put great effort into these and they are so helpful. Thank you. T
GráNov 26, 2019, 20:48Thank you for the time and effort that went into these, they surpassed my expectations. Fantastic plans!
AudreySep 18, 2019, 17:22Incredibly comprehensive and clear plans. They were definetly worth the cost. Would most certainly recommend.
Jennifer BroeAug 28, 2019, 17:39Fantastic plans, very detailed and shows good integration between subjects. Would recommend to anyone with 1st and 2nd class.
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org