Multi-Class Junior and Senior Infant Long Term Plan Bundle
A set of comprehensive, extremely high-quality yearly Junior and Senior Infant plans.
Long term plans included in this bundle are for: English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Maths, Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, Geography and Aistear. These plans follow the NIPT long-term planning template and guidelines and are therefore also suitable for doing the dip.
The curricular plans contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed where appropriate, give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants - 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. Included in this bundle are updated versions of the plans to take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version!
Yearly PlansLong Term PlansSchemePlanning: Yearly Plans
Your purchase includes the following:
- An extremely comprehensive plan for Junior and Senior Infants, which includes all curriculum objectives for both classes. The plan contains aims, strands, strand units, skills and concept development, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment.
- There is also an extremely detailed table with suggestions of when and how content can be taught. This table includes hyperlinks to suggested songs, games, resources and online maths activities. The table is colour coded so you can see what content is specific to each class and what can be covered with both.
- The plans are not based on any particular scheme, however if you are following a scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this, however it is not essential part of the plan.
English and Gaeilge
- An extremely comprehensive, high quality 16 page yearly English plan, and a 14 page Gaeilge Plan for a mixed Junior and Senior Infant class.
- Plans are based on the latest 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum.
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took hundreds of hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, resources, linkage & integrations, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the sections above, there is an extremely detailed table in each plan with suggested themes/ topics and content each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well but these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs.
- The table is fully colour-coded so you can quickly see what content is specific to Junior Infants, Senior Infants, and will work with both classes.
- This table includes hyperlinks to suggested resources and activities.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects and they are not based on any particular scheme. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, this can easily be added, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
- If you are not following a scheme, a detailed month by month table with suggested content is provided.
- Also included is a 23-page Aistear long-term plan for the year that took me over 40 hours to complete.
- The Aistear Yearly Plan gives you a theme for each week, lists 5 stations for that theme, says which subjects are covered at the station, gives a brief description of the station, and lists resources needed.
The themes that are covered are as follows:
- Myself and my family
- Myself and my house/ home
- Colours and shapes
- Christmas/ toys and games
- The dentist
- Chinese New Year
- The doctor
- The post office
- Spring – animals
- Spring – plants
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Environmental Awareness – Spring Clean Month
- The vet
- Day and night
- The jungle
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.
Sep 27, 2021, 17:20
If previously bought is there an option to download the updated plc plansSep 27, 2021, 20:25
Hi there, could you please email me with your order number and I will take a look into this?
sculli10Jul 26, 2020, 14:30Tremenduously impressed with these. Clear and concise. The PLC plans are great.
SusanAug 20, 2019, 11:19these are brilliant! so detailed and easy to follow. well worth purchasing
CiaraAug 19, 2019, 13:41Delighted with my purchase, all of these plans are very detailed and will be a great help to me as an NQT! The plans are also easy to edit, which is fantastic. 5 stars for a great product from a great seller, who also went out of her way to answer a question I had and follow up afterwards. Thanks very much!
GemmaAug 14, 2019, 13:52Delighted with this purchase! As an NQT, these plans will act as an excellent guide for my own planning in September. Some brilliant ideas, thank you!
JessieJul 30, 2019, 11:32Really happy that I purchased this bundle of plans, they are very detailed and they will be a great asset to me when creating my own plans. Thank you!!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org