Wintertime - Substitute Teacher Supply Teacher No Prep Comprehension Activity
No prep sub plan - supply teacher resource - Wintertime
Planning for taking time away from teaching your students can often be more work than being in the classroom. This article about wintertime (sub plan) is a no-prep activity. The information is topical and engaging. The information is over one and a half pages with 2 and a half pages of questions. The first set are straight forward comprehension style / retrieval questions. The second set of questions are for students who are ready for extension work and allows them to express their opinion and explain their ideas and reasoning
We accept returns
Why is developing reading comprehension skills so important?
- The requirement to use comprehension skills is cross curricular.
- Helps children to identify the main idea of a given topic - applies to verbal conversation too.
- To increase confident in answering direct recall / retrieval questions.
- Helps children to differentiate between types of questions from technique, recall, inference etc.
- Helps students practice using context to understand unfamiliar or new vocabulary.
- Helps to answer questions about a text under pressure such as during a lesson or in assessment time where there is a limited amount of time.
- Comprehension skills are used in every day life - especially when having conversations or even watching movies. Sharpening these skills helps children develop secure life skills.
This product contains:
- 1 and a half pages of text with numbered paragraphs for easy answering
- 2 and a half pages of questions (writing frames)- including an extension sheet for more able learners.
- Easy to print and easy to distribute to students in a short amount of time.
- Also great for homework or extra credit work.
- Great for private tuition.
- Topics explored are: What is winter?, animals in Winter, celebrations in winter, how humans dress during winter.
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
Here you can provide information as to what products can be returned, how many days your customers have to return their purchase, whether they will receive a refund in the original form of payment, a replacement or a store credit, who pays for the shipping of the previously purchased products to the store, and so on.
To replace this text with your store's actual return policy, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Return Policy page.