Primary Language Curriculum Fortnightly Gaeilge Plan Template and Sample
Long Term PlansYearly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
This bundle includes a choice of 2 fortnightly (short term) planning templates for Gaeilge based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) and is suitable for all classes from Infants - 6th class, as well as multi-class planning.
These templates have been updated to reflect the September 2019 changes to the PLC for Infants - 2nd class and the publication of the 3rd-6th class section of the curriculum.
I created these templates based on the suggestions from the PDST's planning templates for the new Curriculum, however I did not find the PDST templates clear enough or easy to use so I spent a full week working on my own templates.
I have included 2 different templates in this bundle and you can select which one suits your needs better.
- Template 1 does not include the progression milestones and steps and you can write your own learning objectives instead. This is to reflect the changes to the PLC that came in for the academic year 2019/2020 whereby the progression continua are no longer be included in the curriculum, but are available online as a support material instead. This template is very straightforward to use.
- However, if you do wish to use the progression milestones and steps in your planning, Template 2 lets you do this and I have included a guide to how to use the progression continua for this.
- Plan layout is suitable for any class using the Primary Language Curriculum from Junior Infants - Sixth Class.
- Suitable for fortnightly or weekly planning for those undergoing probation.
- Fully editable Microsoft Word documents that you can change to suit your needs.
- Very suitable for multi-class planning due to section for outlining the progression milestones and steps for different groups in the class, or differentiated objectives for each group in the class.
- Included are blank versions of the planning templates that you can fill out for your own class. Also included are samples of the templates filled in with content for First Class so you will see how to use it. These sample plans are for illustrative purposes on how to fill out the plan only, and so I have not included sample plans for other class levels.
- Planning for the new curriculum can appear quite daunting at first and there is a lot of new terminology, so I have included a quick guide to using the planning templates.
I also have a fortnightly planning template for English for the New Primary Language Curriculum on sale separately here.
For my long term plans, including planning for The Primary Language Curriculum, check out my store here.
Curricular Area(s)Primary Language Curriculum
PlanningLong Term Plans, Yearly Plans, Scheme
amber.mcgrathSep 8, 2018, 08:07Excellent value for money! An extremely comprehensive resource with a sample plan and an additional guide to assist with using it. It's evident a lot of time and effort went into making it. Thank you so much, this will be of great assistance as I battle the PLC for the first time!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com