Primary Language Curriculum 1st / 2nd Class Long Term Plan for English and Irish - First / Second Yearly PLC Plans
Yearly PlansLong Term PlansSchemePlanning: Yearly Plans
These are comprehensive, very high quality yearly plans suitable for First or Second Class for the Primary Language Curriculum. These are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so they can be easily changed if you are following a particular scheme or for multi-class levels.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants - 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. Included in this bundle are updated versions of the Primary Language Curriculum Plans to take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version of the plans!
These plans are based on the NCCA draft long term planning frameworks and took me over 20 hours to complete! The plans contain all of the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework for the Primary Language Curriculum including aims, learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, linkage and integration.
Your purchase includes the following:
- There are 3 versions of the Gaeilge plan with this download so you can choose which one works best for your class.
- Version 1 contains a table for terms 1,2, and 3 and I have left the content section blank so that you can fill in the stories/ poems etc. that you wish to cover. I have filled in all other sections such as methodologies, assessment, differentiation, and linkage/ integration.
- Version 2 has the content section filled in and is based on the Abair Liom C Programme for First Class.
- Version 3 has the content section filled in and is based on the Abair Liom D Programme for Second Class.
- If you do not wish to follow a particular scheme, I have included a grid with suggested poems, songs and stories for Gaeilge for the year.
- If you follow a different scheme, most publishers have a grid with the content for the year as part of their web resources, so you can simply include this grid instead of the one I have given.
- The English plan has a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, and content. The content gives suggested poems, rhymes, books, phonics, letter formation etc. that can be covered each month. This can be tailored to meet the needs of your individual class, be it First or Second Class or a mixed class with both.
- The poems, books, letter formation and themes are suitable for both first and second class, however I have included 2 versions of the plan with different grammar, phonics and handwriting for first and second classes.
A huge amount of time and effort was put into these plans and I am confident you will be happy with your purchase. Positive reviews are very much appreciated to let other users know that these are quality plans.
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.
Curricular Area(s)Primary Language Curriculum
PlanningYearly Plans, Long Term Plans, Scheme
RuthAug 18, 2020, 08:45Such a fantastic purchase. I would highly recommend this to any teacher. Very comprehensive and easy to edit to adapt your own class. Thank you so much.
Rebecca FinnertyAug 22, 2019, 18:16Found these so helpful as an NQT.. really detailed!
MauraAug 20, 2019, 19:43Really happy I purchased these plans. I had found planning overwhelming with the New Curriculum but these plans were exactly what I was looking for.. So detailed!
AnnetteJun 25, 2019, 01:11Getting back to this class level this year so I found these plams t o be really helpful in making my lomg term plans especially in terms of content and pace. They are really well laid out.
GrainneNov 11, 2018, 09:02These plans are so detailed and it is clear a lot of work has gone into these. They are excellent and have been extremely useful. I would highly recommend them! Thank you for making them available.
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com