Senior Infants Long Term Plan Bundle
Long Term PlansYearly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
A set of comprehensive, extremely high-quality yearly Senior Infant plans.
Long term plans included in this bundle are for: English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Maths, Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, Geography and Aistear. These plans follow the NIPT long-term planning template and guidelines and are therefore suitable for new and experienced teachers alike.
The curricular plans contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed where appropriate, give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants – 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. Included in this bundle are updated versions of the plans to take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version!
Your purchase includes the following:
- An extremely comprehensive and detailed 27 page plan which contains aims, strands, strand units, curriculum objectives, skills and concept development, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment.
- There is also an extremely detailed table with suggestions of when and how content can be taught. This table includes hyperlinks to suggested songs, games, resources and online maths activities.
- The plans are not based on any particular scheme, however if you are following a scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this, however it is not essential part of the plan.
English and Gaeilge
- An extremely comprehensive, high quality 16 page yearly English plan, and a 13 page Gaeilge Plan for Senior Infants.
- Plans are based on the latest 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum.
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took hundreds of hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, resources, linkage & integrations, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the sections above, there is a detailed table in each plan with suggested themes/ topics and content each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well but these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs.
- This table includes hyperlinks to suggested resources and activities.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan instead of the suggested content.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects and they are not based on any particular scheme. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, this can easily be added, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
- If you are not following a scheme, a detailed month by month table with suggested content is provided.
- Also included is a 24-page Aistear long-term plan for the year that took me over 40 hours to complete.
- The Aistear Yearly Plan gives you a theme for each week, lists 5 stations for that theme, says which subjects are covered at the station, gives a brief description of the station, and lists resources needed.
The themes that are covered are as follows:
- Myself and my family
- Myself and my house/ home
- Colours and shapes
- Christmas/ toys and games
- The dentist
- Chinese New Year
- The doctor
- The post office
- Spring – animals
- Spring – plants
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Environmental Awareness – Spring Clean Month
- The vet
- Day and night
- The jungle
Aug 28, 2021, 17:14
Do you have fortnightlies for these for sale ? thanksAug 28, 2021, 20:05
Hi Claire, yes I do! If you check out my store you will see them month by month: https://mash.ie/teaching-plans
For instance, these are the Senior Infants plans for September: https://mash.ie/teaching-plans/senior-infants-plans-for-september-based-on-covid19-back-to-school-guidelines.html
NiamhJun 16, 2020, 19:59These plans saved me so much work! They are very well laid out and extremely detailed. You can edit and tweak them to suit your own class which was so helpful. Highly recommend them as they are very clear and easy to follow !
Sarah WatchornAug 19, 2019, 19:28I havent had a chance to look at all the plans yet. I have viewed the sese plans- Im hapoy with the content and objectives here. The English plan is a good guide for me to work from which I intended on doing anyway. Thanks for all your hard work!
Sarah WatchornAug 19, 2019, 19:13I had a quick look at SESE and seems very good with clear objectives and good content. I briefly looked at the English plan and it is a good guide for me to work from as I will add my own content to it. Thank you for your plans and all the hard work that was put into them.
amandabrazil05Aug 13, 2019, 18:12I just purchased these plans and I’m really happy with them. Very clear and easy to understand, and will save me a huge amount of time! I look forward to receiving the aistear plans too.
Niamh KellyJul 9, 2019, 11:21I recently purchased your long term plans. They are so detailed and will save a lot of time. Extremely grateful! I look forward to the Aistear plans too.
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org