Second Class Long Term Plan Bundle - 2nd Class Yearly Plans
Yearly PlansLong Term PlansPlanning: Yearly Plans
A set of 11 comprehensive, very high-quality yearly plans for Second class. Long term plans included in this bundle are for: Maths, English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, and Geography. These plans follow the NIPT long-term planning template and guidelines so they are also suitable for use during the Dip.
The plans contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed where appropriate, give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants - 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. Included in this bundle are 2 updated versions of the Primary Language Curriculum Plans for English and Irish to take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version of the plans!
Don’t waste your evenings and weekends on stressful and tedious planning. These plans took hundreds of hours of work to prepare to save you the hassle!
Your purchase includes the following:
- A 14 page, very detailed plan which contains many suggested learning activities in addition to the required sections (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment).
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included the table from the Operation Maths scheme, but this can easily be edited to whatever scheme you want to use, or can be deleted entirely, as it is not an essential part of the plan and the plan is not based on the Operation Maths scheme.
- A very comprehensive, high quality 13 page yearly English plan, based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC).
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took me hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well and this plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one.
- 2 comprehensive, high-quality plans for Gaeilge based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC)
- The plans contains all of the required sections, mentioned above in the description of the English plans.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included 2 versions of the plan, one with the table from the Abair Liom D scheme and a second version of the plan with the content section blank so you can fill it in with whatever content you wish if you do not follow a particular scheme.
- This plan covers the Walk Tall, Stay Safe and RSE programmes for 2nd class.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects with content suitable for 2nd class. These are not based on any particular scheme or book but contain ideas/ suggestions for lessons that I have found worked well. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, the content section can be easily changed, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same
If you teach a multi-class First and Second class, my multi-class bundle would be a better option for you and is available here.
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.
Rachel LawlorOct 29, 2020, 13:39Superb plans! Really well laid out and very comprehensive. I love how the content in a number of subjects integrates and all of the resources are easily accessed too. Honestly couldn't recommend this product enough, money VERY well spent in my opinion!!
ciaraJun 22, 2020, 10:21These plans are great. I am moving class this year so it is great to get a reminder of the curriculum so clear and well presented. Thank you!
LQuinn2617Aug 13, 2019, 11:42Really good plans, well laid out, just what I was looking for to help me plan the pace of the year. Thank you so much!
Jennifer KilleenJul 22, 2019, 18:01Moving to this class level this year so i really appreciate these notes. The plans are very comprehensive and give me a clear idea of what i should be teaching and the level i should be aiming for.Thanks very much
Helen SherryMay 31, 2019, 06:44Thank You for these amazing Plans! They are just what I need. I haven't taught 2nd Class before and wanted an overview of the year! They are so clear with lots of ideas and resources. I'm delighted I've purchased these plans! Thanks a million!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org