Tried and tested in my class this week- our second week on Whole Class Guided Reading, having made the switch from Reading Stations this week: Click Here for more!
This package includes:
- A detailed daily plan allowing you to follow the lessons step-by-step.
- A PowerPoint for reference.
- Daily activities.
- An 11 minute voice tutorial, outlining how I taught it- to make it even clearer 🙂
- An assessment/feedback sheet to record notes on children’s reading.
- The text
- Inference through pictures activity for Day 5.
This week went fantastically and children progressed daily in their reading skills, as well as in their expression, tone and pace of their reading. The same text is used every day, so the lower ability students get a chance to listen to it being read aloud before they try towards the end of the week.
Key Skills taught
See last week Whole Class Reading: Little Red Riding Hood for a fiction text.
To see more on how I teach Whole Class Guided Reading, see my IGTV videos or check out my Instagram/Facebook page: Rebecca The Irish Teacher.
Let me know how you get on with this lesson, I’d love to hear from you.