The very lonely firefly by Eric Carle English/Language teaching/planning pack.
A week-long short term planning and teaching pack for using the book, The very lonely firefly by Eric Carle in the Infant classroom.
This is aimed at Senior Infants or a well able Junior Infant class. It contains:
- 3 page short-term, weekly plan for your English language lessons. This in a word doc so you can edit as you see fit!
- Lesson plan headings are:
- Learning outcomes(reading, writing, oral), learning activities for 5 days, methodologies, linkage/integration, differentiation( detailed examples so you can see how you might adapt this for your class), assessment questions for the teacher, integration of play and resources needed( with this pack and teacher sourced) and finally a blank reflection for your own notes.
- Also with this pack is: My own home-made Jolly phonics Yellow 12-20 flashcards and bingo cards(the ones needed for the lesson), a 2-page Very Lonely Firefly storymap sequencing sheet and a minibeasts slideshow/pdf suitable for Infant class word level. Great for SESE integration.
- Within the lesson plan there are specific examples of the resources and possible child-led play activities the teacher might set up as part of the Very lonely firefly and minibeast theme. This will give the teacher an idea of how to smoothly use integrated curriculum time and play(aistear) as a methodology/framework, not a separate subject.
I hope these are of use to you, any questions or comments, send them on!