Roll a Word Traffic Lights
This resource can be used for an independent literacy station, writing station, homework or SEN support acitivty.
1. Pick your words and write/type them beside the dice on the page (ex. 100 dolch word)
2. Roll a dice and whatever number it lands on you have to write it in the space besides its dice.
3. Keep rolling until the children have filled all the boxes.
4. The child will have to write each word 6 times.
5. There is a traffic light system to this. RED – the child can look at the word when writing it, ORANGE- hopefully the child will be feeling more confident writing the word and GREEN – the child will write the word from memory.
6. There is also a section to write sentences which can be brought with the child to the writing station or as early finisher activity.
I have included a pdf version and an editable version also so teacher/support can type words for the week into boxes.