Template and example risk assessment and behaviour plan included.
This document is something that I have used in the past in both mainstream and special class settings for my own personal use to make a risk assessment and action plan to support behaviours and children in my care.
· This is simply an example of some of the behaviours that we come across in our class. These are not the exact steps that I follow to prevent aggression in the classroom, only examples of strategies that you COULD use. I may deal with the same behaviour manifestation in two children in completely different ways as their responses would be completely unique to them. You will know your children, their triggers and what works for them to prevent or de-escalate a situation and that is what should be put in the strategies box.
· There is no obligation to complete a from like this but I find that it gives other staff members and parents reassurance in the steps or protocol that I want them to follow when dealing with an incident/act of aggression in class.
· I share this form with parents, staff in class and the principal of school so we are all aware of our plan of action in the event of an act of aggression.
· I do not put children’s names on the form for data protection reasons, instead choosing a letter/number for the child so they are not identifiable.
· As I always say, this template has not been checked by Dept. of Education or inspectors, but is simply how I track and support both staff and children to make everyone aware of what we are doing in the event of a crisis.