1) This is for the figure/table number. Allowing you to keep track of how many your currently on.
2) Name – I use this to draft the figure / table caption or to briefly annotate the contents.
3) Table/Figure- I write a T or F to indicate between the two.
4) Required Data Collected? – Have you collected all the data you need for the figure/table? If not, briefly describe what else you need to collect/do. This is SO HANDY for little reminders!
5) Check #1 – I use these checks as proofreading checks, meaning have you had your supervisor or colleague check it? Have you had feedback and made appropriate changes? If so, highlight in green. If you need to make changes highlight in orange, and if you haven’t had it checked highlight in red.
6) Check #2 – Same as above use traffic light scheme.
7) Check #3 – Same as above use traffic light scheme.
8) Ready to submit- If so, GOOD LUCK!