Philosophy 4 Children is being taught across the UK to teach children fundamental skills such as:
- critical thinking.
- reasoning skills.
- team work.
In this pack, I have included:
- Philosophy Display Cards
- Philosophy lesson plan: recycling
- Philosophy lesson plan: friendships
- Philosophy Powerpoint: recycling
- Philosophy Powerpoint: friendships
- A document on how to teach philosophy.
I have been teaching Philosophy lessons for a whole term now and the difference it has made in children’s problem solving skills in friendship issues, aswell as mathematical problems is amazing!
We spend an hour a week on P4C and it’s the children’s favourite lesson. Some of them have come out with some cracking conclusions too:
“Crying is an expression of your truest emotions. The body takes over from the mind”. I mean WOW!
Give it a try!