- The plans contain all sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework including aims, learning outcomes for each strand, a section where you can mark which progression milestone the children are on at the beginning of the year and where you want them to be at the end of the year/ term, and a comprehensive table for terms 1,2, and 3 containing the strands, themes/ topics, suggested content, methodologies, differentiation, assessment, linkage and integration.
- The content section gives suggested poems, rhymes, songs, phonics, letter formation big books etc. that can be covered each month. The New Language Curriculum requires that early reading and writing in Irish be covered at Infant level and I have included activities for this. These plans are not based on a particular scheme, but contain suggestions for content that I have found work well with infants.
- For English, there are 2 separate plans, one for Junior Infants, and a second for Senior Infants. The main sections of the plans are the same for both classes (aims, learning outcomes, themes) as are the suggested poems, books and activities, however there is different content in terms of writing and phonics for both classes.
- These plans can be easily tailored to meet the needs of your individual class as they are fully editable Microsoft Word documents.
- Both plans are for a whole year, however I have a separate table for Term 1, Term 2 and Term 3, so even if you are doing your long-term plans by term you can just keep the section you need.
- I also have these Gaeilge and English plans on sale separately at €10 each, but here you can buy both together at a discounted price.
A huge amount of time and effort was put into this plan and I am confident you will be happy with your purchase. Positive reviews are very much appreciated to let other users know that this is a quality plan. If you purchase these plans and take the time to review them, as a thank you I will send you a sample Infant timetable and a yearly Aistear plan with suggested stations and themes.
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.