SESE PowerPoint full of activities to enrich children’s knowledge of Living and Non-Living things. Key questions are outlined. Activities are clear, effective and fun. Lesson is aimed at Junior and Senior Infant Classes but could also be used with 1st and 2nd classes.
- Understanding children’s prior knowledge through questioning and discussion
- Thumbs up Thumbs down activity where children decipher whether different things are living and non living.
- Further questioning. opportunity to gauge children’s learning.
- Describing similarities and differences between different things using language; same, different, living, non-living, alike, descriptive language.
- People are living things but they are also different in ways. Making comparisons between people.