Your purchase includes the following:
- 2 separate plans, one for Junior Infants and another for Senior Infants (as in maths there are different learning objectives for JI and SI) which contain aims, strands, strand units, the curriculum learning objectives, suggested learning activities from the curriculum, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment.
- The plans are not based on any particular scheme, however if you are following a scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this, however it is not essential part of the plan.
- 2 separate, very comprehensive, high quality 15 page yearly English plans, based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC), one for JI and one for SI. The main sections of the plans are the same for both classes (aims, learning outcomes, themes) as are the suggested poems, books and activities to facilitate multi-class teaching, however there is different content in terms of writing and phonics for both classes.
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took me hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, resources, linkage & integrations, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the sections above there are suggested themes/ topics and content each term. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well but these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following a particular scheme.
- A 10 page, high-quality plan for Gaeilge based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC)
- The plan contains all of the required sections, mentioned above in the description of the English plans and also gives suggested ideas for content based on songs, poems etc. that I have found work well.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects and they are not based on any particular scheme. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, this can easily be added, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
- This is a 20 page long-term plan for Aistear for the year that took me over 40 hours to complete.
The plan gives a theme for each week, lists 5 stations for that theme, says which subjects are covered at the station, gives a brief description of the station and lists resources needed. You can see a sample of some of the weeks in the pictures.
The themes that are covered are as follows:
Myself and my family
Myself and my house/ home
Colours and shapes
Christmas/ toys and games
Chinese New Year
The post office
Spring – animals
Spring – plants
St. Patrick’s Day
Environmental Awareness – Spring Clean Month
Day and night
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.