· 20 sentences jumbled
· Children cut out each word and rearrange them to form a correct sentence
· The sentences vary in length and difficulty.
· Alternatively, they could be displayed on the board and the children write the correct sentence to save on paper and time.
· This may be done as a whole class activity, in groups, pairs or individually.
· 2 stories (1 is 10 sentences long, the other is 12)
· Two versions of each story is included.
· Version 1 – the children are given the 10/12 sentences and they need to cut them out and rearrange the sentences to form a story.
· Version 2 – the children are given the 10/12 sentences, but they are each jumbled up. They must first correctly form each individual sentence and then rearrange the sentences to form a story.
The answers are also included at the end of this document.