These fortnightly plans are extremely detailed and took me between 6 -8 hours each to complete.
There are 2 fortnightly plans each for each month. As there is only 3 weeks in December, and much of this is usually given over to assessments and a Christmas play, there is only one, 3 week plan for this month. For March and April there are 3 sets of fortnightlies to take account of the 2 week Easter break closure.
The Gaeilge and English parts of the plans are based on the latest September 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum using templates that I created based on the suggestions from the PDST’s planning templates for the new Curriculum. I did not find the PDST templates clear enough or easy to use so I spent a full week working on my own templates for Irish and English. I have these planning templates for the New PLC available for sale separately on Mash.ie here and they have been downloaded hundreds of times and have received multiple 5 star ratings.
The plans align to my First Class long term plans which have been highly rated and are available to purchase here.
The plans are based on a mixture of my own ideas and research as well as some textbooks, however they are not entirely based on specific schemes and can be edited to whatever you are using. More information on this is below:
- For maths the plans have my own suggested content as well as some suggested pages from the Operation Maths scheme.
- For Irish I have suggested poems, songs, and books that I found worked well with First Class. There is also suggested content from the Abair Liom C programme.
- For English, the suggestions are based on my own experience of what works well in First Class such as big books, poems, Oral language topics etc., however the grammar, and phonics suggestions come from Jolly Grammar 1.
- For SPHE the content is based on the Stay Safe, Walk Tall and RSE programmes for First Class.
- For all other subjects, the content is not based on any scheme, but on suggestions that I have tried and tested on First Class.
A huge amount of time and effort was put into these plans and I am confident you will be very happy with your purchase. Positive reviews are very much appreciated to let other users know that these are quality plans. If you buy this plan bundle, and take the time to review it, as a thank you I will send you a sample first class timetable AND a comprehensive 6 page integration plan suggesting themes for the year and how different subjects can be integrated into these themes. This integration plan is aligned to the plans in this bundle.