This is my short term plan for next week(first week in Senior Infants). I have designed a simple to use a template that incorporates the new oral language curriculum and the 1999 reading and writing curriculum.
It would be very easy for you to see how a short term can be written using any book you like. You will also be able to reuse the format or the lesson and station activities for any theme or book you like for the future.
I use Handa’s Surprise book for these lessons but you can easily adapt to suit your book of choice. The lessons are in a word doc so easy to edit.
Each day is laid out under headings like:
- Oral language
- Reading-Handa’s Surprise book.
- Specific learning outcomes
- Learning activities-station teaching with 4 stations(1 teacher led and the others are independent)-handwriting, story structure/free writing, phonological awareness games and teacher led)
- Differentiation, linkage and integration, examples of children’s work(Assessment) plus a section for your notes.
- Full text of the rhymes and songs used that link in with Handa’s Surprise.
- Links to the websites used for the syllable games.