List 1: yellow
List 2: green
List 3: orange
List 4: pale blue
List 5: pale pink
List 6: purple
List 7: lilac
List 8: pink
List 9: dark blue
List 10: brown
List 11: pale green
Many ways to use these Dolch words.
· Laminate and cut out as individual words for children to practice reading.
· Laminate and cut out in strips of 5 to send home for children to learn each week and practise using in sentences with parents.
· Laminate 2 sets, cut one and use as a matching game.
· For older children have them in pouches for children to take and write sentences using each word or challenge them to write a story using each of the words on a sheet or a strip of 5/10 (my chn love doing this especially if they can make up a silly nonsense story!
· Use as Bingo cards: choose 4 laminated cards and give children w/b markers to cross them out as you read the words: chn to get a line or an x to win. A nice literacy game for Aistear.
· Colour sorting/matching.