This PowerPoint presentation contains 101 slides which walks you through everything you need for your first day back in September with your new class. Everything is included and there is no need to print anything off.
- Meet the teacher: all about me (an introduction to the new teacher)
- Catch-up time (2 games)
- Collecting books
- Our classroom rules (2 activities based around creating the rules)
- Classroom procedures
- Brain break (activities and exercises for a busy/brain break)
- Writing time (writing activity)
- Game time (tables champion which includes 35 questions)
- Art project (three art projects for you to choose from)
- Quiz time (an end of the day recap quiz)
This is aimed at first or second class but could easily be tweaked to suit a third or fourth class.
The order of the slides is my preference but you may wish to change that about. There are notes under some of the slides to talk you through certain points and there are parts for you to edit specific to your classroom e.g. classroom rules.
This will undoubtedly take away a big part of the stress of facing back to school by having appropriate activities sorted for the first day. It’s fun, it’s interactive and the children are still learning – a brilliant way to kick off the new school year.