An Nollaig – Bundle
This download includes:
*All downloads below are consistent in the reinforced vocab and images.
1. A PDF download of a classroom display: 55 pages of ‘An Nollaig’ vocabulary
2. A PDF download of classroom display: 14 pages of ‘An Nollaig’ phrases
Regardless of your class level you will be able to identify new and appropriate ‘An Nollaig’ vocab/phrases for your class as it includes the basics (Daidí na Nollag, crann Nollag, etc) and progresses to more elaborate language (drualus, búiste, etc).
3.. A PDF download of a matching ‘An Nollaig’ banner
4.. A PDF download of 9 picture card sheets containing images associated with ‘An Nollaig’ vocabulary
The cards can be cut and used to reinforce language acquisition and play a wide variety of card games such as; Memory, Snap, Pop, Rolladh Focail, Téigh ag Iascaireacht, and other card based language games. (I have another resource ‘Cluichí Teanga’ which details a variety of card games and others if you need further ideas. )
These card sheets can also be used to play bingo (however there are only 9 card sheets in total, so this may be best suited for groups/stations)
5.. A PDF download of 54 loop cards based on ‘An Nollaig’ vocabulary including a blank loop card template so teachers can add other ‘An Nollaig’ vocab if they wish
6.. A PDF download of 4 games that reinforce language associated with ‘An Nollaig’
- Rás an Fear Sinséir (board game – pupils will need dice and a counter)
- Turas Daidí na Nollag (board game – pupils will need dice and a counter)
- Ceangail 4 focail (pupils will need a copy of the template, a dice, and coloured counters)
- Cenagail 4 pictiúir (pupils will need a copy of the template, a dice, and coloured counters)
7.. A PDF download of two different language boards containing images associated with ‘An Nollaig’ vocab.
These can be used to practice language, play ‘feicim le mo shuilín’, ‘taispeán dom’, ‘fíor nó bréagach’. Pupils in senior classes could add the written word for each image and use these as writing supports in ‘An Nollaig’ themed writing activities. Activities can be created based on these boards also such as; choose an picture and put it into a sentence, choose an image and write a sentence including it, guess what I’m talking about, etc.
8.. A PDF of game instructions
9. A PDF download of Cluiche Kim which includes 9 rounds based on ‘An Nollaig’ vocabulary.
This can be used on your interactive whiteboard to play Cluiche Kim as a whole class.
10. A PDF image and ‘Éist agus Tarraing’ activity
This image contains matching images to those in the display/across all activities. This can be given to pupils/groups/displayed on the IWB for class discussion, fíor nó bréagach, used as sentence stimulus, feicim le mo shuilín bheag.
The Éist agus Tarraing activity contains a list of instructions for teachers to read aloud