This is an 11-page, detailed plan for Aistear and the theme of the Zoo. It can last for 1-2 weeks.
It details the areas of:
· Powerpoint-clear, colourful powerpoint for introducing the topic of the Zoo-suitable for Infants/1st class level. NEW!
· Recommended books on the theme-NEW!
· Discussion pointers for the teacher to introduce topic for the play sessions-NEW!
· Ideas for language-taught discretely
· Ideas for maths-taught discretely
· Curriculum Integration
· Socio-dramatic play
· Junk Art
· Permanent Literacy and Numeracy Table Ideas
I have also included links to any website for videoes, templates etc and a list of all the resources you may need. I understand that Aistear mostly works in a big class of children with often only one teacher or adult helper. I also understand they most classes may not have water stations or sinks so have given a few ideas. I have tried to strike a balance between little preparation and huge preparation.
These are all ideas that can be implemented using a play methodology in any Irish classroom. these are ideas I have invented or seen teachers on the net or schools use. No idea is trademarked, thankfully! I have just compiled them into one document for ease of use.
I am an Aistear tutor and work in the Aistear classroom as a support teacher every day.
Enjoy and have fun playing!