This is an 8 page, detailed plan for Aistear and the theme of Christmas. It can last for 1-2 weeks.
It details the areas of:
· Ideas for language-taught discretely
· Ideas for maths-taught discretely
· Curriculum Integration
· Socio-dramatic play
· Junk Art
· Permanent Literacy and Numeracy Table Ideas
· 2 bonus resources to use in Aistear or other play areas as per my plan.
- Christmas Initial Sounds Bingo
- 4 x 4 Christmas Tree Roll the die maths game
I have also included links to any website for videoes, templates etc and a list of all the resources you may need. I understand that Aistear mostly works in a big class of children with often only one teacher or adult helper. I also understand they most classes may not have water stations or sinks so have given a few ideas. I have tried to strike a balance between little preparation and huge preparation.
These are all ideas that can be implemented using a play methodology in any Irish classroom. these are ideas I have invented or seen teachers on the net or schools use. No idea is trademarked, thankfully! I have just compiled them into one document for ease of use.
Enjoy and have fun playing!