I am a qualified Aistear Tutor and work in the Aistear room every day.
This is a 6 page, detailed plan for Aistear and the theme of plants. It can last for 1-2 weeks.
It details the areas of:
· Teaching Pack introduction to Aistear and how to use
· 6 page lesson plan with sections on:
o display ideas
o full list of resources
o List of books and weblinks to suit theme.
o nursery rhymes, songs and poems to suit theme.
o Visits and visitors to Aistear classroom ideas
o Socio-dramatic ideas
o Small world ideas
o Construction ideas
o Sand/Soap table ideas
o Sink/Water area ideas
o Play-dough ideas
o Junk Art ideas
· A pdf of a slideshow entitled “Plants” for introduction of the topic levelled at Infants ability with oral language activities.
· Vocab cards for the role-play/socio dramatic area of “Garden Centre”
· Spring Nature Trail Activity Sheet for visits out of the classroom section.
I have also included links to any website for videoes, templates etc. and a list of all the resources you may need. I understand that Aistear mostly works in a big class of children with often only one teacher or adult helper. I also understand they most classes may not have water stations or sinks so have given a few ideas. I have tried to strike a balance between little preparation and huge preparation.
These are all ideas that can be implemented using a play methodology in any Irish classroom. These are ideas I have either invented or seen teachers on the net or schools use. No idea is trademarked, thankfully! I have just compiled them into one document for ease of use.
Enjoy and have fun playing!