Junior Infants Long Term Plan Bundle
Long Term PlansYearly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
A set of comprehensive, extremely high-quality yearly Junior Infant plans.
Long term plans included in this bundle are for: English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Maths, Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, Geography and Aistear. These plans follow the NIPT long-term planning template and guidelines and are therefore also suitable for doing the dip.
The curricular plans contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed where appropriate, give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants – 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. Included in this bundle are updated versions of the plans to take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version!
Your purchase includes the following:
- An extremely comprehensive and detailed 25 page plan which contains aims, strands, strand units, curriculum objectives, skills and concept development, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment.
- There is also an extremely detailed table with suggestions of when and how content can be taught. This table includes hyperlinks to suggested songs, games, resources and online maths activities.
- The plans are not based on any particular scheme, however if you are following a scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this, however it is not essential part of the plan.
English and Gaeilge
- An extremely comprehensive, high quality 14 page yearly English plan, and a 12 page Gaeilge Plan for Junior Infants.
- Plans are based on the latest 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum.
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took hundreds of hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, resources, linkage & integrations, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the sections above, there is a detailed table in each plan with suggested themes/ topics and content each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well but these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs.
- This table includes hyperlinks to suggested resources and activities.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan instead of the suggested content.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects and they are not based on any particular scheme. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, this can easily be added, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
- If you are not following a scheme, a detailed month by month table with suggested content is provided.
- Also included is a 24-page Aistear long-term plan for the year that took me over 40 hours to complete.
- The Aistear Yearly Plan gives you a theme for each week, lists 5 stations for that theme, says which subjects are covered at the station, gives a brief description of the station, and lists resources needed.
The themes that are covered are as follows:
- Myself and my family
- Myself and my house/ home
- Colours and shapes
- Christmas/ toys and games
- The dentist
- Chinese New Year
- The doctor
- The post office
- Spring – animals
- Spring – plants
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Environmental Awareness – Spring Clean Month
- The vet
- Day and night
- The jungle
siobhan.mcloughlin.101Aug 9, 2019, 23:14I'm delighted with these plans.Saved me a lot of stress and time. Thanks a million
RoisinJun 1, 2019, 07:59Great plans.Very detailed. Thank you
MariaSep 18, 2018, 19:49These plans are great thank you for the time and effort you put into them they will save me a lot of time. First time having Junior Infants.
MeganSep 11, 2018, 13:47Thank you so much for these plans. With the new curriculum in particular being so daunting these have helped me and my coworker so much in planning for infants. Highly recommend - thanks again!! :)
YvonneSep 3, 2018, 13:24Great bundle! The detail in the plans is fab and it is clear a lot of thought and work went into creating these. Delighted to have an up-to-date English and Irish plan in particular!
Best money spent in awhile!!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com