First Class Long and Short Term Plans for the Entire Year - 1st Class Planning Pack
Long Term PlansYearly PlansFortnightly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
These are clear, detailed and easy to use yearly plans and fortnightly plans for First Class for the entire year from September - June.
The plans cover Maths, English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, and Geography.
These plans are fully editable Microsoft word documents so you can tailor them to your own class’ needs.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants - 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. All plans in this bundle take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version of the plans!
Don’t waste your evenings and weekends on stressful and tedious planning. These plans took hundreds of hours of work to prepare to save you the hassle!
Long Term Plans
The plans include all sections recommended in the NIPT long-term planning template and guidelines so they are also suitable for use during the Dip. They contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed where appropriate, give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme.
Your purchase includes the following:
- A 13 page, very detailed plan which contains many suggested learning activities in addition to the required sections (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment)
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included the table from the Operation Maths scheme, but this can easily be edited to whatever scheme you want to use, or can be deleted entirely, as it is not an essential part of the plan and the plan is not based on the Operation Maths scheme.
- A very comprehensive, high quality 13 page yearly English plan, based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC)
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took me hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contain the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well and this plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one.
- 2 comprehensive, high-quality plans for Gaeilge based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC)
- The plans contain all of the required sections, mentioned above in the description of the English plans.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included 2 versions of the plan, one with the table from the Abair Liom C scheme and a second version of the plan with the content section blank so you can fill it in with whatever content you wish if you do not follow a particular scheme.
- This plan covers the Walk Tall, Stay Safe and RSE programmes for 1st class.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects with content suitable for 1st class. These are not based on any particular scheme or book but contain ideas/ suggestions for lessons that I have found worked well. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, the content section can be easily changed, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
Short Term Plans
These fortnightly plans are extremely detailed and took me between 6 -8 hours each to complete. Also included is a guide to short term planning for the Primary Language Curriculum and an example of one of the plans with the cuntas míosúil section filled in.
There are 2 fortnightly plans each for each month. As there is only 3 weeks in December, and much of this is usually given over to assessments and a Christmas play, there is only one, 3-week plan for this month. For March and April there are 3 sets of fortnightlies to take account of the 2-week Easter break closure.
The Gaeilge and English parts of the plans are based on the latest September 2019 version of the Primary Language Curriculum using templates that I created based on the suggestions from the PDST's planning templates for the new Curriculum. I did not find the PDST templates clear enough or easy to use so I spent a full week working on my own templates for Irish and English.
The plans are based on a mixture of my own ideas and research as well as some textbooks, however they are not entirely based on specific schemes and can be edited to whatever you are using. More information on this is below:
- For maths the plans have my own suggested content as well as some suggested pages from the Operation Maths scheme.
- For Irish I have suggested poems, songs, and books that I found worked well with First Class. There is also suggested content from the Abair Liom C programme.
- For English, the suggestions are based on my own experience of what works well in First Class such as big books, poems, Oral language topics etc., however the grammar, and phonics suggestions come from Jolly Grammar 1.
- For SPHE the content is based on the Stay Safe, Walk Tall and RSE programmes for First Class.
- For all other subjects, the content is not based on any scheme, but on suggestions that I have tried and tested on First Class.
Curricular Area(s)All Subjects
PlanningLong Term Plans, Yearly Plans, Fortnightly Plans, Scheme
roccatAug 22, 2020, 18:21These plans are super and a wonderful help to me and my teaching. Thank you.
sculli10Jul 26, 2020, 14:37We often think of value in terms of cost but we should look at quality of what is being purchased. With these plans you get incredible quality and great value for money. This is my second purchase from this vendor. I am so grateful for them and the peace of mind that came with them. Thank you Claire!
Please add the 5 star rating. *****
sculli10Jul 26, 2020, 14:35We often think of value in terms of cost but we should look at quality of what is being purchased. With these plans you get incredible quality and great value for money. This is my second purchase from this vendor. I am so grateful for them and the peace of mind that came with them. Thank you Claire!
Christopher LawlessJun 5, 2020, 09:23Super easy to use. You can tell the vendor has spent a lot of time on these plans. Amazing amount of detail and very easy to adjust to the books you are using in your own classroom. I also bought the Yearly Plans (separately) from the same vendor and decided to follow this up with the fortnightlies. I was THAT impressed!
I highly recommend you purchase these. If you think about it, you're saving yourself the stress of writing up new plans and affords you that time to focus on other issues I'm sure we'll all have to address when we return to the classroom after COVID!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com