Primary Language Curriculum 5th / 6th Class Long Term Plan for English and Irish - Fifth / Sixth PLC Yearly Plans
These are comprehensive, very high quality yearly plans for 5th and 6th class based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) for 3rd – 6th class which was published September 2019.
These plans are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme or for use with multi-class levels.
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.
Primary Language CurriculumGaeilgeEnglishCurricular Area(s): Primary Language Curriculum
Long Term PlansYearly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
Your purchase includes the following:
- Two comprehensive, high quality 13 page yearly English plans; one for Fifth class, and a second for Sixth Class based on the Primary Language Curriculum (PLC) for 3rd – 6th Class published in September 2019.
- The plans contain the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation and assessment. These sections are the same in both the 5th and 6th class plans.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The content sections of the 5th and 6th class plans are tailored for each class level, and gives suggested poems, novels, picture books, phonics, grammar, handwriting etc. that can be covered each month. This plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one.
- Two comprehensive, high-quality sample long term Gaeilge plans; one for Fifth, and one for Sixth Class, based on the Primary Language Curriculum.
- The plan contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their PLC planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation and assessment.
- The plan also contains suggested poems, songs, stories, grammar, verbs, phonics, and phrases for each month for teachers who are new to a class level and who would like some ideas, or teachers who are not following a publisher’s scheme. There are 2 different versions of the plan, with different suggested content for fifth and sixth classes.
- If you are following a particular scheme/ textbook and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan instead of the table with suggested content that is provided.
These sample long term plans will save you countless hours as the content is already pre-populated, so instead of typing everything from scratch, you can simple edit it to suit. Suggested content for each month is provided for teachers who are new to a class level or for those who would like some new ideas, but you can easily change this to suit your own circumstances if you desire.
Follow me on my social media pages keep up to date about other products, special offers and giveaways! I am on Facebook and Instagram. Thank you!
Curricular Area(s)Primary Language Curriculum, Gaeilge, English
PlanningLong Term Plans, Yearly Plans, Scheme
ElizabethAug 27, 2019, 11:52This is an incredible resource. I teach the multiclasses 3rd-6th. I was feeling a little overwhelmed with implementing the New Primary Language Curriculum this year. This planning document has made all the difference and is very comprehensive. A sample is also included which is a helpful guide to filling in the template. What a tremendous amount of work inputted!
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com
Customers who bought this product also bought
Inspired By Autism
Greann sa Rang