First Class Long Term Plan Bundle - 1st Class Yearly Plans
Long Term PlansYearly PlansSchemePlanning: Long Term Plans
A set of 11 comprehensive, very high-quality yearly plans for First class. Long term plans included in this bundle are for: Maths, English (PLC), Gaeilge (PLC), Art, Drama, Music, PE, SPHE, Science, History, and Geography. These plans follow the NIPT long-term planning template and guidelines so they are also suitable for use during the Dip.
The plans contain aims, strands and strand units, list all objectives from the curriculum, outline skills and concepts to be developed where appropriate, give details of approaches and methodologies, list resources, outline assessment and differentiation strategies, and give possible areas of integration with other subjects.
These plans were designed to work with any scheme you are using and are fully editable Microsoft Word documents so that they can easily be changed if you are following a particular scheme.
Note: The NCCA made changes to the Infants - 2nd Class portion of the Primary Language Curriculum when the curriculum was re-released with the content for all classes in September 2019. Included in this bundle are 2 updated versions of the Primary Language Curriculum Plans for English and Irish to take account of these changes so you will have an up-to-date version of the plans!
Don’t waste your evenings and weekends on stressful and tedious planning. These plans took hundreds of hours of work to prepare to save you the hassle!
Your purchase includes the following:
- A 13 page, very detailed plan which contains many suggested learning activities in addition to the required sections (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment).
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included the table from the Operation Maths scheme, but this can easily be edited to whatever scheme you want to use, or can be deleted entirely, as it is not an essential part of the plan and the plan is not based on the Operation Maths scheme.
- A very comprehensive, high quality 13 page yearly English plan, based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC).
- The layout of the plans is based on the NCCA Primary Language Curriculum draft long term planning frameworks and took me hours of research, typing and formatting to complete. The plans contains the sections suggested by the NCCA in their planning framework, including general aims, the learning outcomes for each strand, methodologies, differentiation and assessment.
- In addition to the required sections above, most teachers like to include a monthly breakdown of content, so the plans also have a comprehensive table containing suggested themes/ topics, content, resources, linkage and integration for each month. The picture books, poems etc. are suggestions that I have found work very well and this plan is not based on one particular scheme, and so these suggestions can easily be edited to suit your needs if you are following one
- 2 comprehensive, high-quality plans for Gaeilge based on the draft New Primary Language Curriculum (PLC)
- The plans contains all of the required sections, mentioned above in the description of the English plans.
- If you are following a particular scheme and wish to include the content from this, in a similar way to maths, most publishers have a document on their online resources with a monthly breakdown of their content and if you wish you can include this in the plan. As an example of how to do this, I have included 2 versions of the plan, one with the table from the Abair Liom C scheme and a second version of the plan with the content section blank so you can fill it in with whatever content you wish if you do not follow a particular scheme.
- This plan covers the Walk Tall, Stay Safe and RSE programmes for 1st class.
All other subjects
- There is one plan for each of the other subjects with content suitable for 1st class. These are not based on any particular scheme or book but contain ideas/ suggestions for lessons that I have found worked well. If you wish to base the plans on a particular scheme, the content section can be easily changed, and the bulk of the plans (aims, objectives, strands, strand units, skills and concepts, methodologies, integration, differentiation, assessment), would remain the same.
A huge amount of time and effort was put into these plans and I am confident you will be very happy with your purchase. Positive reviews are very much appreciated to let other users know that these are quality plans. If you buy this plan bundle, and take the time to review it, as a thank you I will send you a sample first class timetable AND a comprehensive 6 page integration plan suggesting themes for the year and how different subjects can be integrated into these themes. This integration plan is aligned to the long-term plans in this bundle.
For fortnightly planning templates for the Primary Language Curriculum click here.
ABNov 30, 2020, 20:44I am returning to teach in Ireland after a lengthy career break teaching abroad, so I was delighted to find such comprehensive long term plans for First Class. I am completely new to the newer curriculum, so i feel like these plans will help me to get settled back into teaching in Ireland. A lot of work has been put into making them.
BronaghAug 3, 2020, 13:49Excellent!! Thank you.
Christopher LawlessMay 18, 2020, 15:17Super detailed and considered. Very helpful for someone like me who has spent much of their time in senior classes and support. Will definitely aid me in easing myself into a 1st class state of mind.
The plans are up to date and suit the books I will be using but can easily be edited to match the booklist you have set.
I look forward to using these in the coming year.
mSep 11, 2019, 20:04Excellent product and well worth the purchase price. Plans are comprehensive,clearly laid out and practical. The amount of detail included, particuarly in the English and Irish Plans, is testament to the professional approach and organisational skills of the vendor.
annetteAug 30, 2019, 06:58This is an amazing resource. I have first class plans from 5 years ago so this has given me the new up to date 2019 planning in English and Gaeilge and some great integration ideas and resources. I find them very user friendly and easy to adapt. This has saved me so much valuable time.
We accept the following payment methods:
To replace this text with your store's actual info on payment methods, go to "Catalog -> Product tabs" and edit the Payment methods page.
As you will receive your download immediately, unfortunately returns are not possible. All of my products have a detailed description as well as preview pictures, so you can be sure that the product is suitable for you before you purchase. If you have any questions about products, please feel free to email me on email@example.com