Digital Resource - Distance Learning Explanation Writing for use with Google Classroom.
'The Life Cycle of a Butterfly' and ten other prompts.
This resource will easily cover two weeks of explanation writing work for your students. It can be extended by assigning them additional prompts (included in the download).
- Slides explaining what explanation writing is, the structure of a persuasive text and sentence starters for explanation writing
- WALT and WILF slides so the students are clear what they are learning and what is expected of them
- An explanation text sample complete with diagram for the students to read as well as a slide with questions about the text
- A labelling exercise - students label the parts of an explanation text.
- Research sheet for recording information plus two links to child-friendly information about the life cycle of a butterfly
- Diagram of the life cycle of a butterfly for the students to label
- Graphic organiser for the students to do their first draft
- Revise slide - explaining how to revise their first drat
- Publishing slide for the children to type up their finished text
- Self assessment - two stars and a wish
- TEN MORE TOPICS for the students to write about - you can assign one or let them choose
- Blank graphic organisers, publishing sheets and two stars and a wish for the students to complete additional explanation texts
- Instructions for the children to duplicate so that they have enough slides to do as many diary entries as needed
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
Follow me on:
If you would like to make any requests or if you have any questions about this resource, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Perfect for Primary
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.