You have created an account with Mash as a Mash Seller, what now? Here are our top tips for what to do when you are starting out as a newbie Mash Seller.
- The first thing you need to do is make sure you have the best quality products! This sounds pretty obvious but it is something that inexperienced Mash sellers might not focus on. It can be really exciting to upload everything you own from your hard drive to mash.ie but let’s slow down and get things right! 🐌 You need to check for spelling/grammar/typos and do not look right when the seller downloads it, buyers will not return to your store..This will make you sad, for sure.
- Use your resources: Any resource you make and upload should have been used by you in the classroom and as part of your planning. This way you can write up a genuine account of it in the product description space. It also means you have printed it out and that it looks well on paper. Mostly, it means that the children in your class have used it and learned from it.
- Make your product sing! It is not enough to throw a product up in a word doc or pdf with text only. Resources need to look colourful, attractive
and fun! Otherwise why would a child want to learn from them and why would a teacher pay for them? Looks do matter when it comes to resources. Free Clipart may not give you the look you want. There are lots of professional and super cute illustrators selling fonts and clip art for you purchase and use. This will really give your product that look you are after. Go one step further and make a colourful title page with contents, add the details of your store and any social media you are on to the last page. Make the whole thing sing! 👩🏼🎤
- Look at pricing. Check out what all the other sellers are charging for their products. If a popular Mash Seller is selling a similar product to you, think about your strategy. Will you go higher or lower? Think about creating units of work that can be added into a bundle. For example one resource on tricky words could be 2 euro but a pack of ten resources on the full Junior Infants Tricky Words could be 5 euro? It gives teacher the choice and they might sample the 2 euro one so make it good!
- If you are a newbie Mash seller, you may have to accept that the Mash buyer community do not know who you are unless you are a super cool 😎 instagram influencer teacher! If you are not known, then you really need to let the potential buyers see a preview of your product and write up an unbelievably detailed product description. You might also think about making a short video and upload to YouTube and provide the link on your product? You could give a real good run through of your resource. Many of our Mash Sellers do this on their own social media channel but the problem is those videos are not there when a potential seller is preparing to buy the product on mash.ie
- Following on from the last point, given that some teacher buyers may not know who you are, it may not be enough to simply upload your product on mash.ie as we have over an average of 70 or more products being added to the site every week. Use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and promote your products. Give away freebies, do a Q & A and make sure you tag us in every story and post with #mashTeachersRock #WeGetTeachers #MashGetsTeachers @mashdotie and our hashtags We won’t delve much into the whole social media side of being a Mash seller but is massive!
- Join our private and very cool and super special Mash Sellers group on Facebook. We put up plenty content here to help you sell and share ideas with other Mash Sellers. Join us!
If you can apply all of these 7 tips, you should start to see your resources becoming noticed and selling! We give 70% commission directly back to teachers. We believe the best learning resources are made by teachers and that it is only fair and right that teachers get paid for any extra work they do outside of their teaching day. We are here to help you in any way do drop us a message at email@example.com or on our Instagram channel @mashdotie and Facebook. We will always message/mail you back, we love to hear from you and your ideas so try us out!